As a graduate at Lethbridge College’s Engineering Design and Drafting Technology program, testing innovative, economical, and ecological materials was our focus when researching the merits of bamboo as a viable alternative to steel rebar in concrete. As a member of our research team, I strive to accomplish meaningful research to use of such materials and their applications.
Highlights of our ASET 2019 Capstone Project of the Year Award
- July 29, 2019 – Lethbridge News Now publishes “Lethbridge College grads win award for research into bamboo for construction projects”
- July 23, 2019 – Calico Communications releases ASET press release stating “Capstone Project of the Year Award winners demonstrate ingenuity and sustainability”
- April 2019 – our team attends the Awards ceremony in Edmonton; Randy presents a moving speech about hard work and initiative.
- Spring 2018 – Tyson Baldrey, Randy Holmberg, Allan Johnston are chosen to represent Lethbridge College with our research entitled Bamboo as a Viable Alternative to Steel Reinforcement in Concrete
- 2015-2018 – Lethbridge College encourages EDDT, Civil, & Geomatics students to aim for excellence in our Final Research Project. We choose to use bamboo as a steel rebar substitute.